Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week of September 24-30 Discussion #1

I believe that the type of reasoning I’m strongest in is Traditional Views of Reason. Just like in Chapter 2, I think that my reasoning revolves around Traditional Views of Reason and that’s what built me as a person. All these examples that were discussed in Chapter 2 are actually reasons that I believe and follow most in my life. Plato’s teachings and Christianity are some examples of what created my foundation in reasoning. Although I believe I have other strengths in different type of reasoning, Traditional Views is my strongest. 

In Chapter 2, there was a situation example about completing a life plan and concluding that a person is in an entirely wrong field of study. I thought this was a great example to use because this has happened to me recently. After 3 years attending SJSU, I've been in the Software Engineering Major. Throughout the years I've been planning out everything carefully and thought I would be fine as life goes on. Then right around my third year, I began to question myself about being in this field. Will I enjoy countless hours working with math on the computer? After that question I was able to change my intended major into Graphic Design even if means another 3 years here instead of forty years of misery in a field I don’t want to do. This shows that my reasoning helped choose the right career choice after some rework on my life plans and looking ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment