Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week of November 5 - 11 Discussion #2

Sadler’s argument revolves around how Internet Plagiarism is wrong presented through ten arguments. Each argument explains why it is bad and immoral and won’t help a student at all in the long wrong and how it motivates them to plagiarize more in the future. She explains that it becomes a practice that will have a negative effect in the student themselves and the society itself. She believes that Universities should have strict policies when it comes to students committing plagiarism. On the other hand Hunt explains that educators should be happy about Internet Plagiarism because he believes that this will help educators re-evaluate the old model of teaching that sparks Internet plagiarism and it’s a chance for them to make a new model. He believes that the motive of Internet Plagiarism is the fact that educator’s style of teaching is outdated and that students will easily plagiarize for an easy grade. Hunt believes that the University is built for encouraging plagiarism. I believe that Sadler’s arguments are more convincing compared to Hunt’s because she appeals to my values more. I believe that plagiarism is wrong because it is something that I grew up learning ever since grade school. It was never taught to be something that was positive but always taught to be a negative if were to be ever committed by someone. I was always taught that if it was ever done, it will result in major consequences. Sadler’s argument appeals to me more because I found those arguments something I can relate to in my moral values and was something familiar. In the other hand Hunt’s argument was something I've never heard before and was something that was shunned upon my most educators.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayser,

    Your post was really interesting. At the end when you said Hunt wanted something that your educators did not agree with. I can agree with you on this because my high school teachers always stressed how important it is not to copy other peoples work and call it your own. This is was lazy people do in order to get out of writing a paper that they might have procrastinated on and this is their attempt at receiving a good grade. I do not think people learn this way because they are not applying what they are learning, they are simply copying and pasting someone who already did the assignment and received an A.

    ReplyDelete