Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week of October 15-21 Discussion #1

Knowledge and wisdom is almost the same thing because it is something that people believe in that is true through things they have learned from others or learned through experience. The difference would be is knowledge could be an influential beliefs caused by others and wisdom is caused by self-experience. I believe that in college I’m getting both knowledge and wisdom because I feel that the classes that I’m taking are through knowledge. I learn through Professors because I believe that Professors are a reliable source for knowledge in the subject I’m taking. With their expertise in the subject, it’s safe to say that they are a reliable source to acquire that knowledge. On the other hand, wisdom is something that you learn from everyone. I see wisdom as a teaching from the people around you and how you acquire information from them. Wisdom is something you acquire through self-experience about almost anything, especially in college. I believe that the information age has made us wiser because I believe that having the self-experience is how we learn about almost everything in life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kaiser Permanente,
    I disagree with the fact that you think knowledge and wisdom are almost the same thing. I feel like they might be similar but aren't really the same thing. Knowledge is the act of acquiring facts and information and wisdom is having more knowledge through experience. For example, when we are taught by our professors in class, this is an example of acquiring knowledge because they are teahcing us facts in the class we're taking. While wisdom is like a life experience, we acquire wisdom naturally. Wisdom is definitely like gaining more knowledge in a sense because when we learn facts about life situations, we can adapt easier

    ReplyDelete