Friday, December 7, 2012

Week of December 3 - 9 Discussion #1

Over the course of the semester, I learned many things in this class. The most memorable thing I learned about in this class is about language. Language has many different forms other than just communicating. I learned that language can also cause very emotional responses depending on what kind of language is used, which is called emotive language. Language has many ways to sway people’s thoughts and feelings and I thought that was really interesting to learn about. Communication is a really strong tool for people and the use of language by others was really interesting about since there were so many types I learned during the semester. Emotive language was the most memorable because I learned that it was used a lot in media. I found that interesting because now that I actually look past on what the media is expressing, I can see that they use a lot of emotive language to capture a lot of attention from people.

No comments:

Post a Comment